Occupational Health Advisor
Hours: 37 hrs per week
Salary £: *Competitive
*25 Days Holiday + Paid Bank Holidays
*Defined Contribution Pension Scheme
Location: Edinburgh East Lothian
Leonardo are seeking an experienced Occupational Health Advisor to join their established ‘in house’ multi-disciplinary OH team in Edinburgh .
This role is to provide an Occupational Health Service in a customer and quality focused manner whilst supporting the overall business objectives to meet the legislative and policy requirements of the Company’s operations. The Post holder will have autonomy over their own diary management, working within a business grouping and attending to the wide ranging occupational health needs of the allocated business group.
Key Responsibility Areas :
- Developing effective working relationships with senior managers, managers, SHE and human resources, sustaining a culture, which promotes health in the workplace.
- Contributing to effective clinical nursing practices within occupational health, developing own and others’ knowledge and practice across professional and organisational boundaries.
- Providing advice on occupational health issues such as: sickness absence, injury absence, business travel health, pregnant workers, and substances hazardous to health etc.
- Undertaking workplace ergonomic and environmental assessments.
- Interpreting employment, health and safety legislation as it affects OH and advising on appropriate health surveillance or policies.
- Providing clinical support as part of the day to day needs of the client population
- Carrying out fitness assessments against company criteria e.g. fork lift truck, night worker assessments, confined spaces etc
- Advising managers in verbal or written formats as necessary, on fitness to carry out the job role, future attendance and performance of any member of staff referred to OH.
- Advising on rehabilitation plans, reasonable adjustments to the role or workplace to facilitate and support a return to work of employees following illness or injury.
- Utilising knowledge and skills required for care of emotional health in the workplace
- Coordinating and exercising the established emergency first aid responses within the company with the support of a large, externally trained and validated first aid team.
- Providing on-going health surveillance programmes including health questionnaires, audiometry, lung function, skin surveillance and any other health surveillance as required by current legislation and policies. Using professional judgement and discretion to interpret health surveillance results.
- Providing health promotion activities to promote wellbeing / minimise risk whether in one to one, group activities or training as required to maximise self-care in all our employees
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
• RN qualification Level 1 of the Nursing & Midwifery Council [NMC]
• Occupational Health Training (Certificate / Diploma / Degree)
• Experience of health surveillance (including spirometry, audiometry)
• Ergonomic assessments
• Overseas health travel experience or qualification.
The job holder must be self-motivated with excellent communication and interpersonal skill to ensure the optimum standard of service is delivered to the Company. It is expected that the post holder would work within the scope of NMC accountability standards and the company supports the practice and development requirements for re-validation / registration. The post holder will have accountability for taking healthcare decisions and to be responsible for outcome thereof.
• Commitment from the post holder is required to undertake further education and training appropriate to extending and updating skills / knowledge necessary to fulfil the role and to ensure that professional knowledge is up to date.
• The post holder will be required to maintain the highest standard of confidentiality and motivation skills.
Office Based working with Display Screen Equipment in a demanding and fast paced environment. Some infrequent travel with overnight stays is required, as is light manual handling and some irritant chemical exposure
How to Apply
To apply please submit your application online
by clicking on the link found under the 'More Information' section below
Closing date for applications:
Fri 30 Jun 2017
Kirsty Atkins (email@example.com)
To apply online, please click here