- New online CPD tool: Personal Learning Zone | 23 February 2017
Occupational Health [at Work] subscribers, as well as At Work Partnership conference delegates can now log Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours online in their Personal Learning Zone.
- The state of occupational health nursing in the UK: part 2 | 13 February 2017
Current Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) guiding principles for training occupational health (OH) nurses do not adequately prepare OH nurses for practice, and do not meet the needs of the OH nurse workforce, a survey of UK OH nurses has found.
- Tea-breaker poll: sickness self-certification | 7 December 2016
The majority of OH professionals say the current seven-day sickness absence self-certification period should not be extended to 14 days, despite calls to do so by doctors’ union the British Medical Association.
- Occupational health pay and benefits 2016: part 2 | 6 December 2016
Most occupational health (OH) and hygiene professionals frequently work unpaid overtime, but also receive additional financial and non-financial benefits, reveals the sixth biennial Occupational Health [at Work] pay and benefits survey.
- New research: the state of occupational health nursing in the UK
More than eight in 10 occupational health (OH) nurses in the UK do not feel represented by a professional body in OH nursing, and most do not feel professionally supported, new research published in the journal Occupational Health [at Work] reveals.
- New research: removing disability discrimination at recruitment
The Equality Act 2010 has had a significant impact on the practice of asking pre-employment health questions before a job has been offered, new research published in the journal Occupational Health [at Work] reveals.