Medwyn Occupational Health is a SEQOHS accredited practice who is looking to recruit an OH Advisor, working 30 hours a week.
Working as part of a friendly and supportive multi-disciplinary team, the post holder will provide a high-quality occupational health service to Medwyn Occupational Health. Medwyn is actively involved in Occupational Health nurse training and offer mentoring opportunities.
Knowledge and understanding of national occupational health strategies and guidelines is essential.
Excellent interpersonal skills are vital along with the ability to be flexible and adaptable.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- NMC Level 1 registration
- OH qualification – degree/ diploma
- Continuous personal & professional development
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Ability to work autonomously & as part of a team
- Ability to undertake vaccinations / immunisations / venepuncture
- Maintain legible & accurate health records in compliance with Data Protection Act
- Ability to prioritise & manage own workload
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Work health assessment screening
- Administration of workplace immunisations
- Provision of independent / impartial advice to Line Managers / HR with regards to the management of sickness absence in accordance with Medwyn Occupational Health policies via management
- Undertake targeted Health Surveillance programmes and undertake supervision and mentorship of occupation health technicians when carrying out health surveillance screening programmes.
- Undertake venepuncture/ management of employees exposed to contamination incidents
- Conduct workplace assessments in conjunction with regulations e.g. DSE, COSHH, PPE
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of the working environment and any related changes in health & safety of employees.
- Participate in wellbeing initiatives and provision of individual lifestyle advice
- Be personally accountable for own professional practice
- To undertake other duties commensurate with the post as requested.
- The role offers a mix of remote and onsite hours with the opportunity to work from home 2 – 3 days a week
- Private pension scheme
- Annual target/profit related bonus
- Opportunities for mentoring as we are actively involved in occupational health nurse training
- 25 days paid annual leave
To apply for this position, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.