Next dates: 2024 (TBC)
Register your interest in the next event: firstname.lastname@example.org
An intensive three-day course designed to provide occupational health professionals with an in-depth understanding of occupational health law at work.
This qualification will provide you with a detailed comprehension of the full scope of your legal responsibilities – so that you can ensure that your work, and the work of your department, is fully compliant with legislation and case law in the areas of occupational health, health and safety, disability and relevant employment law.
Course Director: Professor Diana Kloss, barrister
- Introduction to OH Law and the criminal law of health & safety
- Discrimination law
- Consent, confidentiality and data protection in OH
- Disability discrimination
- Employment law and fitness for work
- Employment tribunals
How will gaining this occupational health law qualification benefit you and your organisation?
You will gain:
- A comprehensive knowledge of key occupational health legal issues, from medical confidentiality and fitness for work to equality law, employment law and the liability of the OH professional and the employer.
- Guidance on a wide range of legislation and case law and its implications for occupational health.
- An understanding of how to apply the law to different workplace scenarios and put it into context.