Last updated May 2018
Under the EU General Data Protection Regulation, The At Work Partnership has a legitimate interest in processing personal information in order to provide and promote our products and services, to continue to run our business and to provide our customers with high standards of customer service.
What information is collected?
We collect and process personal data about you when you purchase goods and services from us and interact with us and our website. This information includes:
- Your name, home or business address, email address, and phone number(s)
- Your payment and delivery details, and credit card details, where a purchase is made
- Your marketing preferences, including any consent given to marketing activity
- Information related to the browser or device you use to access our websites
- Records of your use of At Work Partnership products and services.
- Your date of birth and nationality ONLY where a course is accredited by a university and they require this information to register you onto their system.
How do we use your information?
We use your information as follows:
To fulfil a contract with you:
- To fulfil orders
- To contact you with information about changes to services
- To process credit card information using PCI-compliant payment services
To conduct our business and follow our legitimate interests, in particular:
- Giving you access to products or services
- Analysing how you use our products and services so we can improve customer service and develop future products and services, including using cookies (if allowed by you) to send anonymised tracking data to 3rd party applications like Google Analytics.
- Ensuring the website and IT security and protecting our rights.
- Letting you know about our products and services by post, email, and phone in accordance with your marketing preferences and direct marketing law. Where we need your consent for electronic or telephone marketing, we will have usually obtained this at point of order. For some of our longer-term customers and potential customers, we may rely on implied consent – for example, if we regularly send you our email newsletter and you often open it or click on links in it, we will assume that you are happy to continue receiving this – unless you inform us otherwise!
- Carrying out online surveys for research. The surveys are anonymised for analysis and publication.
For purposes which are required by law or fraud protection:
- Sharing your personal information in order to comply with our legal obligations with government authorities and/or law enforcement bodies or the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction
Where is your personal information stored?
- Your personal information will be stored in the UK.
Do we ever share your information?
- We NEVER sell your information to third parties for marketing purposes.
- We only share your personal details with trusted third party suppliers who process your information on our behalf for the purposes described above– eg fulfilment houses to mail out the journal
How long is your information kept?
- We will only keep your personal information for as long as is reasonably necessary for the purposes for which we have collected it. We will immediately action requests to stop processing your personal data for marketing purposes. (We may need to keep some information indefinitely so that we can continue to respect your request in future).
Giving and withdrawing your consent, and updating your personal information
- Where your consent is required for us to process your personal information, we will ask for your consent at the point at which you provide your data. You can withdraw that consent at any time. You can also update your personal information at any time. If you wish to do either, contact us at email@example.com
We NEVER sell your personal information to third parties.
Please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to:
- request access to, amendment of, or erasure of personal information
- restrict or stop the processing of your personal information
- stop us from sending you direct marketing
You can also email us at this address with any queries.
If you are not satisfied with our response, you can lodge a complaint with ICO at https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/
The data controller for our websites, products and services is:
The At Work Partnership Ltd
Office suite 1(i) , Highstone House, 165 High Street, Barnet, EN5 5SU
Telephone: 0345 017 6986 or 0208 344 2328